- Tree-Shaped Advent Calendar $79 Sale $30.99
- Classic Christmas Advent Calendar $159 Sale $62.99
- Luxe Velvet Advent Calendar $99 Sale $38.99
- Star Wars™ R2-D2™ Advent Calendar $69 Sale $26.99
Fun with Kids Advent Calendars
As the holidays approach, kids advent calendars offer your family a fun way to anticipate the joy of Christmas together. With fun sizes, shapes, icons and motifs, these calendars get everyone in the same place at the same time every day to continue the countdown. Place yours somewhere special that lets your kids see it every day. A kitchen, living room, home office or dining room all suit the occasion, although if you only have one child, don't be surprised if they want the calendar in their room.
What is an Advent Calendar?
Kids advent calendars are special calendars made just for counting down the days to Christmas. They are a holiday tradition in many homes where children and parents can build excitement for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- The calendars only count the days of December up until the 25th, which is when Christmas is celebrated.
- As each day passes, your children use the calendar to create a visual change. On some calendars, this means removing a decorative element. On others, it may mean opening a small door or flap. The flap may reveal a new surprise, like artwork that relates to the winter season.
- Kids advent calendars can hold more meaning each year. When you select a high-quality calendar, like the ones made at Pottery Barn Kids, they can last years and be saved in decorative storage boxes between seasons and as the years roll by.
Choosing a Style for Your Home
The style of advent calendar you choose for your home depends on your Christmas decorating aesthetic. While the format of the calendar stays the same, you have design choices that make picking one out as a family a fun time.
- A tree-shaped advent calendar looks great by the actual tree or in another part of your home, like a table where you have other winter decor, like snowmen, candles and more.
- Choose one that looks like a long sheet off an actual wall calendar. This style usually has a lot of festive designs and a joyful trim. Look for quilted or embroidered versions for your home.
- Winter fabrics add cozy texture to your calendar. Look for felt in different colors, quilting with lots of layers or panels and luxurious velvet.
Personalizing Your Kids Advent Calendars
Since advent calendars are fun for everyone, it would only make sense to personalize them with your family name. Include your last name at the top of the calendar in contrast or tonal stitching. If your family has a few last names between everyone, you could include a personally meaningful word or short phrase on yours, too.