Sesame Noodles with Chicken
This simple recipe is easy to tailor to accommodate a range of tastes.
To create a delicious vegetarian meal, skip the chicken and add more veggies.”
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- Sesame-encrusted cashews or lightly toasted sesame seeds
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add noodles, making sure they don't stick together. Boil for 2 minutes.
Drain and rinse under cold water.
Toss noodles with sesame oil; set aside.
Heat peanut oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
Add garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
Stir in pepper flakes, cabbage, carrot and the white part of the green onion.
Stir fry vegetables until cabbage is wilted, about 2 minutes.
In a separate bowl, stir together the broth and soy sauce.
Add the noodles, chicken and broth mixture to the pan; toss to combine. Cook until noodles and chicken are heated through.
Stir in green portions of the green onion.
Top with sesame-encrusted cashews, or sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.