Quinoa Tabouli Salad
This easy-to-make, delicious quinoa salad is perfect for packing up and sending to school. The simple grain dish stays fresh all day long and keeps kids energized.
Quinoa comes in different colors. Feel free to use”
white, red, black or a mixture for a colorful and fun dish.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, tomato, red onion, parsley and mint. Mix well.
Dressing: Thoroughly mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Keep dressing and quinoa mixture separate until ready to serve.
Cover and chill until needed.