Hot cocoa is the perfect addition to any celebration during the colder months. This version is so deliciously rich and surprisingly simple, you'll never go back to that watery, pre-packaged variety again.
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼-½ cup granulated sugar (depending on howsweet you’d like it to be)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Gradually stir in hot water.
- Set heat to medium, then stir until just before boiling and cocoa has dissolved.
- Lower heat and slowly whisk in milk. Do not allow cocoa to boil!
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and serve.