Tools and Materials:
- 4" round cookie cutter or large glass with a 3.5"-4" diameter
- 1" round cookie cutter
- Parchment paper (optional)
- 2 lb. pizza dough
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured work surface
- Cut out circles of dough with 4" cutter or glass turned upside-down
- Spoon sauce in the center of half of the rounds and sprinkle with cheese (Do not get sauce too close to the edges and don't overstuff)
- On the remaining circles cut a hole using the 1" cutter in the upper left side
- Gather dough scraps, roll out and cut thin strips approximately 1/2"
- Add dough strips across center of Death Star™, using egg wash and pressing down lightly
- Brush egg wash around edges of bottom piece, place top of pocket on and press sides together
- Use a fork to add small lines all over the front of the Death Star™
- Brush lightly with egg white
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper* and bake for 22-28 minutes
- Allow to cool on rack before serving
Tip: Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper allows for an easy clean up.
© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.