Candied Apples with a Twist
Traditional candied apples get an elegant update with white chocolate coating and dark chocolate stripes. As beautiful as they are delicious, they're the perfect addition to a Halloween-themed table.
- Tree sticks
- Tube of dark chocolate frosting
- White chocolate
- Waxed paper
- Sand away any sharp edges on the tree sticks, then sharpen each to a point on one end.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler over low, even heat until smooth. Be careful not to get any water in the chocolate. Stir occasionally.
- Pierce an apple with a stick. Dip the apple into the chocolate; let excess chocolate drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Once all of the apples have been dipped, place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate has hardened, use the frosting to draw stripes around each apple. Let the frosting dry.