3 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Rosy colors and heart shapes are all it takes to create a little Valentine's Day cheer. These easy projects are fun to do with kids, either for your own special celebrations at home or to share with their friends and classmates.
Custom Potato Stamps
- Two or three medium-sized potatoes, scrubbed clean
- A very sharp paring knife
- Poster paint in festive colors
- Construction paper or other sturdy paper that can stand up to the paint
1. We recommend carving the potato stamps while the kids aren't around, to lessen the possibilities for injury. Slice each potato in half, then use the tip of the knife to trace the outline of your desired shape in each half. Gently start to cut away the "negative" parts of the design, leaving your stamp design raised between 1/8 and 1/4 inch.
2. Fill small, shallow containers with paint. Let kids dip the potato stamps in the paint and press gently onto the paper.