Encourage friends and family to give thanks with this fun, festive activity. By the time Thanksgiving dinner is served, you'll have a beautiful centerpiece filled with everyone's happy thoughts (and plenty to talk about throughout the meal!).
Tools & Materials:
- Dried branches
- Galvanized bucket with rocks to stabilize
- Brown Cardstock
- White chalk marker
- Optional: Chalk markers in fall colors for outling the leaves
- Hole punch
- Natural ribbon
- Draw a leaf on your brown cardstock and cut out. If you want all the leaves to look the same, use this first leaf to trace the remaining leaves.
- Outline leaves with your favorite fall colors (chalk markers work great for this).
- Cut ribbon into 6" pieces.
- Punch a hole at the top of each leaf, loop ribbon through and tie.
- Place rocks at the bottom of a galvanized bucket.
- Submerge branches into bucket of rocks in the arrangement of your choice.
- Invite guests to use the white chalk marker to write what they're thankful for on a leaf and then hang their leaf on the tree.