Sewn Heart Garland
This handmade garland is the perfect finishing touch for your Valentine's Day party decor. Give yours a special touch by throwing in an unexpected color or pattern.
Tools & Materials:
- 2" heart-shaped paper punch
- A variety of decorative paper
- Sewing machine and thread
- Blue painter's tape
- Use the paper punch to cut hearts out of the decorative paper.
- Lay out a long piece of blue tape (3-4'), sticky side up.
- Place tops of hearts along the tape's bottom edge, with at least a 1/2" between each heart. This will help keep the hearts in place while you're sewing.
- Choose thread color and set up sewing machine. Pull 2-3' of thread out before sewing through hearts. Then, sew through hearts just below the blue tape.
- Pass the hearts through the sewing machine again. This time, sew a line about 3/4" below the last one. This will keep the hearts from flipping upside down – you don't need to sew a perfectly straight line.
- Be sure to leave another 2-3' of thread on the other end before cutting it from the machine.