Ombré Dip Dyed Favor Bags
These darling custom-dyed ombré favor bags are so easy to make and require only a few craft supplies — yet they make a big statement!
Tools & Materials:
- Small muslin bags
- Rit fabric dye (in the color of your choice)
- Printable elephant stencil
- Matching acrylic craft paint
- Small paint brush
- Mix water with Rit dye in a large bowl to create your preferred color shade. (A very small amount of Rit powder goes a long way, so for a more muted, look dilute with more water.)
- Dip each bag in the dye about an inch and hold it there for 3-4 minutes, depending on how dark you want the bottom part of the bag to be.
- Let the bag go into the dye another half-inch or inch for one minute. Repeat and hold for another minute. This will create an ombré look.
- Let the bags dry completely on paper towels.
- Print and cut out the elephant stencil.
- Trace the elephant logo onto the bag with a pencil.
- Fill in the elephant outline with the matching acrylic paint.
- Let dry completely before filling with candy and treats.