Mom & Baby Bots
by Hostess with the Mostess
Create a cute tabletop display with homemade mom and baby robot figurines. They'll look great as part of your decor and can become a keepsake (and fun nursery decor) for the mom-to-be.
How to Assemble the Baby Bot
1. Cover all of the wooden cubes in craft glitter, using generous amounts of spray adhesive and glitter. Add a clear coat of craft sealant and let dry.
2. Use hot glue to secure the "robot head" (smaller cube) to the "robot body" (larger cube), then glue on the hands and feet.
3. For the finishing touch, cover a heart-shaped button in silver glitter and hot glue to the front of the body.
How to Assemble the Momma Bot
1. If using 2-piece gift boxes, remove the lids first so that all sides of your box are flush. Measure and cut felt to cover all 4 sides of both boxes, using dabs of hot glue to adhere. Measure squares of felt to cover the top of the boxes as well. Leave the bottoms uncovered.
2. Stack the felt-covered boxes on top of each other, uncovered sides down. Use hot glue to secure the "robot head" (smaller box) to the "robot body" (larger box).
3. Decorate the top portion of the body by criss-crossing colored yarn around it a few times and securing in the back with hot glue.
4. Cover the 1.5" wood cubes with gray felt, leaving one of the 6 sides uncovered. Hot glue the felt-free sides of the wood cubes to the body to create the "legs." Repeat the same process with the smaller 1" cubes, gluing them to the side of the robot body to create the robot's "arms."
5. To create the robot antennas, stick the mini silver styrofoam balls onto the pointy ends of the bamboo skewers, and wrap the rest of the skewers in colored yarn. Hot glue the finished antennas to the back of the robot.
6. For the finishing touches, embellish the legs with colored yarn and add a little heart shaped button to the front of the robot.