Hanging Paper Snowflakes
by The TomKat Studio
With a few basic supplies, you can create these gorgeous paper snowflakes to dress up your winter celebration. Hang them from the ceiling for a floating effect, and also place one on the cake to help tie in the theme.
How to Assemble the Snowflakes
1. Using scissors or a straight-edge cutter, cut several sheets of paper into 3" strips.
2. Using the decorative-edge punch, punch holes along the long edge of each strip of paper. Each snowflake will use one strip of 3" x 12" cardstock.
3. Fold each strip of 3" x 12" paper like an accordion. Ensure that the folds are approximately 1/2" in size.
4. Use double-sided adhesive or hot glue to secure the two ends of the paper together to form a continuous circle.
5. Once the two ends are joined, push the circle down flat. Add a large drop of hot glue to the center of the medallion. Hold the edges of the medallion to keep it flat until the glue is dry.
6. Using the hole punch, punch a circle and use a tiny drop of hot glue to secure to the opposite side of the medallion, in the center.
7. To hang from the ceiling, tie a piece of clear thread or fishing line to the top of the medallion.