Floral Party Crowns
These magical DIY floral crowns are the perfect thing for little guests to wear at the party. Kids can also make their own at a craft activity table at the party.
Tools & Materials:
- Heavy "grapevine" wire (available at most craft stores)
- Floral tape
- Thin floral wire
- Fresh flowers and green vines
- Ribbon or leather
- Make a loop with a grapevine wire that fits around a little head. Cut the wire about two inches longer than the fitted loop. Make little bent hooks on each end of the loop to clasp it together. These hooks can be adjusted to make the crown bigger or smaller, if needed.
- Wrap the green leaves and vines around the grapevine wire to cover it. Twist a few pieces of the thin floral wire around the vines to hold them in place.
- Make lots of little bundles of flowers, mixing and matching elements and feathers you like. Wrap them tightly with floral tape, leaving about a 3-inch tail of tape on each bundle. Snip off any excess stem from the bottom of each bundle.
- Once you have several bundles made, begin attaching them to the grapevine wire loop. Place the first bundle so that the flowers lay just over the top of one of the hooks. Use the tail of tape to secure the flower bundle to the wire.
- Add your next bundle, laying the flowers over the taped stems from the first bundle so that the stems no longer show. Continue adding bundle layers, working in the same direction around the loop.
- Finish by tying on the ribbon or leather string.
- Wear immediately or store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to wear.