Happy Birthday Cupcake Liner Garland
by The TomKat Studio
Cupcake liners make this happy-birthday banner the perfect touch for our Bakeshop Birthday Party.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Print the "Happy Birthday" letter circles. Use a circle cutter to cut out each letter.
2. Cut a 2-inch circle out of white cardstock.
3. Fold eight coffee filters in half, then into thirds to create an accordion look.
4. Glue each filter side by side to the center of the 2-inch white cardstock circle until you form a full circle of filters.
5. Fold six to eight cupcake liners in half, then into thirds to create the same accordion look. (Use six liners for a less full look.)
6. Use hot glue to attach the cupcake liners directly to the coffee filters.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 to create a ruffled medallion for each letter in the happy-birthday banner.
8. Glue each letter atop the medallions.
9. Cut two lengths of ribbon: one long enough for the word "happy" and one long enough for "birthday." Attach the medallions to the ribbon using tape orglue.
10. Secure each end of the ribbon to the wall using tape (which you can conceal with a bow made from ribbon).