Tools and Materials:
- Single-face corrugated cardboard roll
- Two 24" cardboard tubes, 3"-4" in diameter
- Three 36"x48" sheets cardboard
- One 24L"x18W"x16D" cardboard box
- Brown craft tape
- Low temperature glue gun*
- Utility knife
- Tape measure
- View photos of our landspeeders above for reference while following the directions below.
- Cut the box in half along a 16" depth
- Assemble two box halves. You'll have two 24"x18"x8" open boxes—these will serve as the ships cockpits
- Draw and cut a landspeeder shape out of one cardboard sheet. Don't forget the side "wings"!
- Saw tubes into three equal pieces and make a slit down the side of each piece
- Attach a flat cardboard shape onto box with glue gun
- Cut six 8"x36" strips out of one of the cardboard sheets
- Flip ship upside-down and attach 8" strips using small L-shaped scraps of cardboard and glue
- Score the face of the sides to form the curves
- Turn back over and add tubes by sliding slit over "wing" shapes and securing with glue
- Use brown craft tape to reinforce ship and cover rough edges
- Cut strips of cardboard roll and add to the inside of tubes to create turbine engines
- Add finishing touches to your ship by painting designs and adding the third engine
Tip: Low temperature glue guns are quicker and much less messy than their high temp counterparts.
© & ™ Lucasfilm Ltd.