- Multi Dot Rug $129 – $649
- Rainbow Ombre Rug $149 – $749
- Heart Dot Round Rug $199
- Rainbow Swirl Round Rug $199
- Multi Diamond Rug $149 – $749
- Construction Rug $399
- Play in the Park Rug $399
- Jaxson Rug $149 – $749
- Kaleidoscope Round Rug $199 Special $149
- west elm x pbk Watercolor Exploration Rug $399 – $699
- Death Star™ Round Rug 4 ft Round $169 Sale $84.99
- Ruggish Play Mat Cali $199
- Ruggish Play Mat Romy $199
- Ruggish Play Mat LULU $199
- Ruggish Play Mat Liv $199
- Heart Dot Rug $449 Sale $224.99
Playroom Rugs Delivering Plush Comfort
A playroom should be a comfortable and inviting space for your child's imagination and sense of adventure to run wild. Make their space cozier and more colorful while reinforcing the theme of the space by adding playroom rugs. These rugs aren't just fun and cheerful, they also help protect the flooring below from scratches, stains and other wear-and-tear that kids cause.
Selecting the Right Rug for Every Playroom
As with any room of the home, a playroom should have a defined color scheme or theme. With so many different rug styles available, it is easy to find an area rug that elevates the design of any flex space, playroom, or child's bedroom.
- Neutral and Sophisticated: When the playroom is exposed to the rest of the home, neutral area rugs with sophisticated geometric patterns can be a great way to coordinate the playroom with the rest of the home.
- Bright and Cheerful: Bright, primary colors can help enliven a space and promote cheerful play. Keep it simple with stripes or add modern flair to a space with a bold geometric design.
- Engaging: Select an area rug that is dual purpose; both comfortable and promotes play. A rug with roads and a town or a construction site give them a place to take their small cars and trucks and create an imaginary world.
- Pretty and Pastel: Soft, muted color tones create a relaxing space for a child to play and unwind.
- Double-Sided Rugs: Some of the rugs offered at Pottery Barn Kids even offer double-sided designs that provide a chic look on one side and a more interactive design on the reverse for two great looks in one.
Once you've decided on a design or color family, take a look at the individual rugs and look at the finer details. The softness of the rug, size of the area rug and ease of care are all important factors that go into selecting the right area rug for your space. Continue the look of your playroom by adding children's furniture, coordinating window treatments and playful decor.
Tips for Decorating with Playroom Rugs
Designing any room starts with establishing the needs of the space. How will the child use the area? If you have a young child that is crawling or learning to walk and there are currently hard floors in the room, a large area rug with soft fibers can give them a safe way to take those first steps.
Area rugs are also a great way to define a certain area of a living room as a play area. Place one under a child's art table to keep the floors protected as they color and paint. Placing a rug pad under the area rug will provide greater traction and help to prevent the corners of the rug from curling or shifting. Check out the entire collection of area rugs to discover the one that will create a fun focal point in your little one's space.