- Allover Butterfly Reversible Hat & Diaper Cover $15 – $19 Special $12 – $15
- Allover Seahorse Reversible Hat & Diaper Cover $19 Special $15
- Nautical Whale Reversible Hat & Diaper Cover $15 Special $12
- Black & Cream Heart Reversible Hat & Diaper Cover $15 – $19 Special $12 – $15
- Allover Whale Reversible Hat & Diaper Cover $19 Special $15
- Seahorse Diaper Cover $14.50 Sale $7.99
- Allover Butterfly Nursery Tunic $29 Special $23
- Nautical Whale Tunic $29 Special $11 – $23
- Indigo Dot Nursery Tunic $29 Special $23
- Navy Stripe Tassel Nursery Tunic $29 Special $23
- Black & Cream Hearts Nursery Tunic $29 Special $23
- Nursery Tassel Tunic $29 Sale $3.99
- Allover Whale Nursery Tunic $29 Special $23
- Nautical Flamingo Tunic $29 Sale $16.99
- Allover Butterfly Nursery Cover-Up $39 Special $31
- Heart Terry Nursery Cover-Up $39
- Allover Alligator Nursery Cover-Up $39 Special $31
Beach Essentials for Kids
A day at the beach is always a good day. By packing and preparing ahead of time, you and your family can spend the day building sandcastles, hunting for seashells and wading in the water. Beach essentials for kids includes sunscreen and darling baby hats to protect little heads from the sun’s rays. Matching diaper covers are adorable and can double as a bathing suit. We have beachy designs like seahorses and whales, as well as sweet hearts and butterflies at Pottery Barn Kids. Bring along a tunic or swimsuit cover-up for warming up after a swim and for the end of the day before heading home. The soft cotton is gentle on your baby’s skin, and many of the patterns are reversible.
Protect your baby’s eyes from the sun with some precious sunglasses.The sunglasses have an acrylic lens that provides 100 percent UVA and UVB protection. The fashionable glasses are carefully designed with flexible frames in bright colors.
Roomy totes can hold all the supplies you’ll need. Shoulder straps make them easy to carry across the sand to the right location. Throw in the diapers, wipes, baby bottles and formula along with sand toys and buckets. Take some books for winding down after playtime. The kids can drift off into dreamland while you read pirate adventure stories or funny animal tales to them. The books can be personalized with your child’s name which makes the stories come to life. Nodding off to the sound of your voice is a comforting way for your child to go to sleep. A nap on the beach is some solid sleep resting on comfy sand that serves as nature’s mattress.
Or you might want to take a travel crib to the beach. A sturdy aluminum frame folds up easily and is lightweight to carry. The quilted mattress keeps your child safe and comfortable. The mattress is machine washable. The crib can double as a playard too or as a diaper changing area. It stores neatly in its own travel bag.
Kid’s beach towels can be rolled up and tucked in the tote or travel crib. The towels can be used for napping and drying off after a swim. Fun patterns including mermaids, flamingos and submarines make the towels suited for kids. Personalize them with a monogram and your kids will always know whose towel it is. The towels are great for the pool or for running through the sprinkler in the yard. They are designed to withstand lots of washing and drying for years of water play.
Pack up a picnic lunch of sandwiches, chopped veggies and fruit to take to the beach. Swimming seems to increase appetites so pack up lots of goodies. Put insulated lunch bags in your picnic basket to keep food cold. Dual compartments keep food separated. The vinyl interior is food-safe and easy to wipe up for simple cleaning. Choose from kid-friendly designs like dinosaurs, panda bears and colorful retro prints.
Be sure to load up on refillable water bottles for the whole family. Salty air and sunshine will make everyone thirsty, so the more drinking water the better. The insulated bottles are reusable, which makes them eco-friendly, keeping plastic out of landfills. Let your family members choose their favorite patterns to claim as their own. The water bottles can stay on the go with each of them to help everyone stay hydrated at the beach, at home or at school.
While making memories at the beach, take lots of photos. You’ll look back over the pictures as the years progress and remember family vacations and beach days as your child grows.