Go-anywhere gear in all shapes and sizes.
- $10.50 Limited Time Offer $7
- $10.50 Sale $5.99
- $10.50 Sale $5.99
- $19.50 Sale $8.99
- $19.50 Sale $8.99
- $9.95 Sale $4.99
Kids' Travel Essentials by Climate
When you're traveling as a family, it's important to cover all your bases. Every destination calls for specific must-items. That is, things you can't do without when you're there. Whether you're headed somewhere sunny or rainy, to a beach or a snowy location, here are some of the essentials to include in your packing checklist.
Essential Kids' Gear for Every Occasion
1. Toiletry bags. There are many travel items you'll take regardless of your destination, like personal hygiene items and toiletries. A solution to aid you in keeping track of everything during your trip is by organizing it in separate bags. Pottery Barn Kids carries a wide variety of child-friendly toiletry bags that provide you with a neat and tidy tool to ensure you have everything your child needs.
2. Tablet cases. Every parent knows the secret to a peaceful long car ride or airplane trip: preparing loads of entertainment to keep your children happy throughout. If your kid has their own tablet, getting them in the habit of storing it in a tablet case helps them avoid accidents, keeps the screen free of scratches and also makes it easier for them to know where their device is so that it doesn't get lost.
Must-Have Kids' Accessories for the Beach
1. Wet/dry bags. Preparing wisely for your beach vacation makes it so that it's all fun and games when you're there. Sunscreen is the number one must for protection from the sun. Your kids can keep their sunscreen and other small items inside a wet/dry bag that's designed to be water-resistant.
2. Footwear. If you're going to be walking on the sand a lot, make sure your kids have appropriate shoes. Sandals or flip-flops are popular options because they're light on your feet, easy to clean so you can keep your accommodations spotless. Best of all, they don't take up too much space in your luggage.
3. Beach chairs and blankets. Lazy days spent by the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and under the warm, toasty sun also call for specialty chairs that'll make for wonderful childhood memories. Pottery Barn Kids has lots of portable and space-saving beach loungers and family-size picnic blankets.
4. Family-size tents. In case there's ever a day when the sun is scorching, you can find the shade you need by taking a family pop-up tent with you. Here's an extra tip for you: these tents are also wonderful to take a break after hours out on the beach. Instead of packing everything and going to rest indoors, you can relax and your kids can recharge in the comfort of your spot on the beach.
Sunny Travel Essentials for Kids
1. Water bottles. The beach isn't the only place where the sun's presence requires extra attention. As we suggested above, you can never have enough sunscreen. Sunny travel destinations often include a lot of heat and humidity, so make sure your kids take their water bottles with them when your family is out on a walk.
2. Lightweight bags. There's no need to burden yourself or your kids with heavy bags when you're on vacation. For sunny days, the best thing is to travel light so you won't be weighed down. Slinky knapsacks and totes can hold everything you need and provide your kids easy access to their stuff.
Rain Gear for Kids
If you're taking a trip and expect to see some rain, there are quick and easy solutions for you to have a great time.
1. Rain boots and galoshes. The number one concern is keeping dry. Pottery Barn Kids offers many colorful and whimsical water-resistant rain boots that will make walking in the rain a non-issue for your kids. If you've got a budding fashionista in your family, the bright patterns found on our rain boots are sure to be a delight.
2. Umbrellas. In keeping with the "staying dry" suggestion above, umbrellas are also crucial. When it's raining, it's great for each person to be able to stand beneath their own umbrella. The options available for kids are both size- and age-appropriate no matter how old they are.
Kids' Snow Accessories
1. Children's hand, foot, and head warming gear. Some of the best vacations are the ones you take and feel cozy inside your coats. For kids, you should always remember to take mittens, extra thick socks, winter hats and earmuffs.
2. Indoor entertainment. If there's the possibility you might get snowed in or it's too cold to go out, having your kids bring their favorite books, coloring pencils and toys is good foresight. Have your children pack all they can in a small travel pouch and you're good to go!