How To Choose Your Portable Crib
See how life opens up for you and your baby when you select a portable crib for your home and travels. These high-quality playpens and playards are great on their own for providing your baby with a safe place to relax, nap or play while you take care of household tasks or spend time with your other kids. They're also perfect for packing up and hitting the road, whether it's to a friend or grandparent's home or a weekend getaway. When you add accessories, like changers or mobile toys, these playpens become even more appealing. Discover the finely crafted range of portable crib styles when you shop Pottery Barn Kids right now.
What is a Portable Crib?
A portable crib is a combination of a crib and a playpen with a variety of other features included to make life easy for parents and safe and fun for babies. It can be quick to move them around your home or prepare for travel and they fit comfortably in many vehicles for an exciting life with your baby on the go.
- The crib is similar to a playpen in that it has a flat base or feet that keep it stabilized on the floor while in use. A mesh net makes up the walls, so you can see your baby and he or she can see out into the world. A soft-top trim acts as a bumper in case your baby stands up in his or her portable crib.
- They act as playards of different sizes, depending on how you accessorize or what toys you give your baby. There's plenty of space inside for plush toys or along the edge to install a mobile when using it as a playpen in your home.
- Smartly-designed framework folds up into itself to allow parents or caretakers to quickly and easily fold the pen into a flatter profile. Since they're lightweight, almost anyone can carry it to a new location.
Crib Features to Shop
When browsing features, look for a few key characteristics so that you know you've found a portable crib that's right for your baby. These features help to streamline your life and make using the playard a fun part of everyday living.
- Check dimensions first to ensure that you can place yours where you like. If you plan to put your playard in a large, open spot, you may want to also pick out a baby room rug to define the area and give it design depth.
- Look for multiple features, like a removable bassinet, changing pads that hook to the side of the crib, ventilated mattress panels for easy cleaning and covered edges that prevent pinching.
- If you're on the go frequently, you may want to invest in a deluxe portable crib, plus a more lightweight style that can stay in your vehicle for quick travel.
Start exploring with your baby when you select a portable crib that's easy to use and looks good anywhere you go.