- Nanit Plus Smart Baby Monitor & Wall Mount $299.99
- Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor $299
- Project Nursery Sight and Sound Soother $49.99
- Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine, Night Light & Time-to-Rise $59.99
- Marpac Dohm Whish Sound Machine $39.95
- Marpac Dohm Elite Sound Machine $49.95
- Marpac Dohm Connect Sound Machine $69.95
- Project Nursery HD Wifi Baby Monitor $99.99
- Soothing Sounds Bunny On-The-Go $39
- Soothing Sounds Lamb on-the-go $39
- Soothing Sounds Elephant on-the-go $39
Stay Watchful with A Baby Monitor
One of the joys of being a parent is that you literally get to be with your baby all the time--except for those times when you really need to be doing something else, like the dishes or signing for a package. When your baby is sleeping, it can be a great time to get a few things done around the house, too. Help your baby sleep safely and soundly with a few high-tech devices meant to make your life easy, too. Start with a baby monitor so you can keep an eye on things from another room and ensure your baby stays asleep with a sound machine.
What is a Baby Monitor?
A baby monitor is a digital electronic device that lets you see or hear your baby from another room. The monitor lets you remain watchful by letting you see the baby on a video screen or letting you hear the baby stir or cry.
- Monitors come in a variety of styles. You can select simple versions that let you get an audio check on your baby or you can go for fully modern versions that include cameras and screens so that you can always know how things are going in the nursery.
- One of the best ways to include a baby monitor in a nursery is to mount it directly to a wall near the baby's crib. That way, a camera can see the baby at all times without obstruction and you don't have to give up precious surface space on the changing table.
- Look for a baby monitor that works via two-way radio or one that allows you to use a phone app. Each has their strong suits, so it's really a matter of personal preference.
Other Nursery Devices
Make it easy to keep your baby asleep with a sound machine. These machines emit a white noise that helps soothe babies for a restful nap or night's sleep.
- Sound machines work either by being plugged into a wall or by battery. You turn the machine on and off using a button. All models are exceptionally easy to use and require no technical skill at all.
- The machine makes a hushing noise, similar to a fan, but calibrated for greater comfort for a sensitive baby's ears. The sound is comforting and helps people sleep in general, particularly babies.
- Sound machines don't usually take up too much space. You can put one on a nightstand so that it's close enough to a crib to be effective.
Sound machines are also available for those on the go. They look like cute animal plushes and they strap onto a stroller to keep your baby happily sleeping.