Elsie Simple Desk & Hutch
Clean lines and timeless styling makes our Elsie Collection as versatile as it is beautiful. Featuring beautifully detailed grooves on the legs with plenty room for storage and studying, this desk is an elegant space-saving addition to their room. Expertly crafted from sturdy wood with a water-based, multi-step finish, it’s built to last for years.
HOW IT IS CONSTRUCTED
- Crafted of solid poplar wood, beechwood, veneers, engineered wood and MDF (medium density fiberboard).
- Drawers feature English dovetail joinery and solid beech wood glides which ensure smooth motion. Sturdy half-moon safety stops keep drawers securely in place.
- The use of veneers results in high-quality furniture with flawless surfaces and consistent color tones.
- All wood is kiln-dried, a process that ensures that the furniture will never split, warp, crack or mildew.
- Finish is applied in child-safe, water-based paint.
DETAILS THAT MATTER
- Desk equipped with two large drawers and lathe-turned legs.
- Hutch (sold separately) is equipped with one shelf, three cubbies and a cutout for routing cords.
- Hutch attaches to desk with mounting plates (included).
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Pottery Barn Kids exclusive.
- Rigorously tested to meet or exceed all required and voluntary safety standards.
- Anti-tip kit included: comes with safety-tested mounting hardware, instructions and a nylon strap. To prevent injuries from furniture tip-over, this item should be permanently fixed to the wall. how to install anti-tip kits.
- Assembly required.
- To see our entire collection of Elsie furniture and learn more, check out our Elsie Collection
- Dimensions & Care
- Overall: 40" wide x 21" deep x 30" high
- Drawer Interior (2): 16.5" wide x 17" deep x 3.5" high
- Legs: 2" diameter, 7.5" high
- Clearance Under Desk: 35.5" wide x 17" deep x 25" high
- Weight: 44 pounds
- Overall: 40" wide x 7.5" deep x 7" high
- Cord Cut-out: 2.5" diameter
- Weight: 11 pounds
- To maintain the quality of your wood furniture, do not expose it to direct sunlight or excessive temperatures; extreme changes in humidity can cause warping.
- Dust often using a soft, dry cloth.
- Shipping & Returns
Standard UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Available within the contiguous 48 states
- An extra charge of $26 per address.
- Order by 6pm PT Monday through Friday, you'll receive your order the next business day
- Orders placed on Friday after 6pm PT through Sunday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Next Day Delivery service is not available for some oversized items, Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery, out of stock items, personalized items or made-to-order items.
Select oversized items have an additional delivery and processing surcharge; this charge is listed below the item price.
View our complete Shipping and Delivery.
Eligible items can be returned for a refund of the merchandise value within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items. An original receipt or gift receipt is required.
HOW TO RETURN
- Stores - You can return most non-furniture items to your local Pottery Barn Kids store for free.
- By Phone - For non-custom furniture and other oversized items, call Customer Service at 1-800-993-4923
- By UPS - print a return label from our Returns Policy page and
- bring to a UPS location.
ITEMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS OR EXCHANGES
Delivery fees are non-refundable and prior purchases are not eligible for a price adjustment.
- Monogrammed/Personalized items
- Made to Order items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 1.888.922.4119, 7 days a week, 5:00 am - 9:00 pm (PST). We cannot accept returns on final-sale items ending in .99, monogrammed items or items damaged through normal wear and tear. Made-to-Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Delivery fees are non-refundable.
View our complete Returns Policy.