Add Your Own Photos
Elliott Captain's Bed & Trundle
Earn $25 in rewards* for every $250 spent with your Pottery Barn Credit Card.Learn More
Classic styling and subtle molding details give our Elliott Collection a timeless quality. The traditional cabinetry techniques create a stable, solid and lasting investment in your child’s comfort. It's hand-finished in layers for exceptional richness and sealed with a protective, child-safe lacquer.
HOW IT IS CONSTRUCTED
- Crafted from solid poplar wood, birch veneers and MDF (medium density fiberboard), an engineered wood that lends exceptional strength.
- Expertly constructed with mortise-and-tenon and tongue-and-groove joinery for high-quality structural integrity.
- Drawers feature English dovetail joinery and waxed wooden glides, which ensure smooth motion. Sturdy half-moon safety stops keep drawers securely in place.
- Hardwood frame is kiln-dried to prevent warping or bowing.
- Simply White & Charcoal feature brushed nickel knobs, Chocolate features antique bronze knobs.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified. Meets or exceeds stringent chemical emissions standards. Learn more.
- Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility. Learn more.
DETAILS THAT MATTER
- Captain's bed is equipped with three large drawers, side ladder for easy access in and out of bed and a trundle for overnight guests.
- Mattress platform is made of 100% solid wood slats for extra strength.
- It is recommended that the maximum mattress height used with this bed be 7 inches. Recommend using with our bunk mattress (sold separately); do not use a box spring.
- Trundle provides a comfortable extra bed for overnight guests when used with our Lullaby Trundle Mattress (sold separately).
- Trundle offers generous storage space for toys, clothes, bedding and more when used without a mattress.
- The trundle is fitted with rolling casters that make it easy for kids to open up and put away by themselves.
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Rigorously tested to meet or exceed all required and voluntary safety standards.
- To see our entire collection of Elliott furniture and learn more, check out our Elliott Collection
- Dimensions & Care
- Overall: 42" wide x 82.5" long x 36.5" high
- Ladder: 13.5" long x 3" deep x 31" high
- Distance between Ladder Rungs: 10"
- Mattress Platform: 39" wide x 75" long x 1" high
- Headboard: 42" wide x 36.5" high x 2.5" thick
- Footboard: 42" wide x 36.5" high x 2.5" thick
- Side Rail 1: 75" long x 6.5" high x 1.5" thick
- Side Rail 2: 6" long x 2" wide x 2" high
- Clearance from floor to top of Side Rails: 31" high
- Drawers (3): 22" wide x 16" deep x 7.5" high
- Slats: 12
- Weight: 201 pounds
- Overall: 40.5" wide x 74.5" long x 9.5" high
- Casters: 2" wide x 2" deep x 2.5" high
- Weight: 80 pounds
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth.
- To protect the finish, do not apply abrasives or household cleaners.
- Shipping & Returns
Standard UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Available within the contiguous 48 states
- An extra charge of $26 per address.
- Order by 6pm PT Monday through Friday, you'll receive your order the next business day
- Orders placed on Friday after 6pm PT through Sunday will arrive on Tuesday.
- Next Day Delivery service is not available for some oversized items, Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery, out of stock items, personalized items or made to order items.
Select oversized items have an additional delivery and processing surcharge; this charge is listed below the item price.
View our complete Shipping and Delivery.
Eligible items can be returned for a refund of the merchandise value within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items. An original receipt or gift receipt is required.
HOW TO RETURN
- Stores - You can return most non-furniture items to your local Pottery Barn Kids store for free.
- By Phone - For non-custom furniture and other oversized items, call Customer Service at 1-800-993-4923
- By UPS - print a return label from our Returns Policy page and
- bring to a UPS location.
ITEMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RETURNS OR EXCHANGES
Delivery fees are non-refundable and prior purchases are not eligible for a price adjustment.
- Monogrammed/Personalized items
- Made to Order items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Gift cards
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
For assistance please contact Customer Service at 1.888.922.4119, 7 days a week, 5:00 am - 9:00 pm (PST). We cannot accept returns on final-sale items ending in .99, monogrammed items or items damaged through normal wear and tear. Made-to-Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Delivery fees are non-refundable.
View our complete Returns Policy.