This is a quesadilla with an Italian accent. Be sure to cook the tortilla until it's good and crispy, and let it cool for a minute or so before the kids dig in.
This was a big hit in our house the first time I made it. It can double as a lunchbox main course.”
- 1/4 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers
- 5 pitted Kalamata olives, torn in half
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over one of the tortillas. Top with the peppers and olives. Tear the basil leaves in thirds and distribute over the tortilla. Sprinkle the Parmesan over it and cover with the second tortilla.
Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, put in the quesadilla and cook until crispy all over. Flip it over and brown the second side.
Slide quesadilla onto a cutting board. Cut into 6 wedges.