Gingerbread Skeleton Cookie
Turn everyone's favorite Christmas cookie into a spooky Halloween treat. It's easy — all you need is a favorite gingerbread recipe, a cookie cutter and a bit of imagination. Your kids will love to help you cut out the gingerbread men!
- Your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe
- Standard gingerbread cookie cutter
- One tube white frosting with small tip
- Use your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe (like this one from Williams-Sonoma) to make the cookies.
- Cut out gingerbread men with the cookie cutter.
- Pipe icing in an oval shape (similar to that of a balloon) where the top half of the oval is wider than the bottom half, to create an outline of a skull. Add circles for the eyes and mouth and fill in the face.
- For the body, use thin lines to draw the arms, legs and center "spine" with a few shorter lines to indicate where the ribs are. For the hips, pipe a thin infinity shape at the bottom of the spine above both legs.
- Finally, for the hands and feet, use the icing to create two tiny raindrop shapes for each hand and foot by piping a dot of icing and pulling towards the existing arms and legs.