Turkey Pencil Holder Party Favors
These handmade turkey pencil holders serve lots of purposes: they're festive table decorations, great party favors, and the perfect way to give kids something to do while they wait for Thanksgiving dinner to be served. Make one for each of your littlest guests and set the table with sheets of paper for them to draw on, and watch their faces light up when they sit down.
Tools & Materials:
- A birch branch
- Printouts of our head, beak and wattle template
- Red, brown and orange construction paper
- Colored pencils (approximately 5" long)
- Scissors or craft knife
- Drill outfitted with a bit the same diameter as your pencils
- Hot glue gun
- Use your jigsaw to cut 2" segments of the birch branch. Flatten one side of each segment by shaving off a layer of wood so that it can lay still without rolling.
- On one end of each segment, drill four evenly spaced holes approximately 3/4" deep.
- Using your scissors or craft knife, cut out the head, beak and wattle from the template. Use them to trace and cut a brown head, orange beak and red wattle for each pencil holder. Fold the beak along the dotted line.
- Use hot glue to attach a head to one end of each segment of wood. Glue a beak and wattle onto each head.
- Insert the unsharpened end of a colored pencil into each of the holes you drilled in the opposite end of the wood.