Personalized Take-Out Container
If you're hosting a holiday cookie exchange, your guests are going to need a way to bring home the delicious assortment of cookies they'll gather at your party.
Tools & Materials:
- Take-out containers (available at craft stores; purchase one per guest)
- White rickrack (or another festive color of your choice)
- Small red jingle bells (three per container)
- Needle and thread (red or green)
- Green felt
- White cardstock
- Colored cardstock (choose a festive color or print)
- Hot glue gun
- Red felt-tip pen
- Use the hot glue gun to apply a band of rickrack around the top and bottom of each food containers.
- Cut out holly leaf shapes from the green felt, making a pair of leaves to go with each container. Using your needle and thread, sew together small clumps of three jingle bells; create one clump per container. Sew a clump of bells to each pair of leaves.
- Cut out several circles of green felt, the approximate size of a nickel. Cut one circle per container. Use the hot glue gun to carefully apply a drop of glue to one circle. Position the circle beneath the center of the metal handle of one of your food containers, and sandwich the handle between the circle and one of your holly-berry creations. Press firmly and hold for a few seconds to allow the glue to begin to set.
- Cut out several small rectangles of white cardstock and then cut a matching number of slightly larger rectangles of colored cardstock. Glue the white rectangle on top of the colored rectangle, and then attach one to each container. Write the name of one of your guests on each container in red pen.