- Castle Play Rug 7 ft Round $399 Sale $299.99
- Space Play Rug 7 ft Round $399 Sale $299.99
- Train Tracks Play Rug $399 Special $319.20
- Millennium Falcon™ Rug $399 Sale $278.99
- Death Star™ Round Rug 4 ft Round $169 Sale $84.99
- BB-8™ Round Rug 5 ft Round $169 Sale $119.99
- Multi Dot Rug $129 – $599 Special $103.20 – $479.20
- Multi Diamond Rug $149 – $699 Special $119.20 – $559.20
- Landon Rug $149 – $399 Sale $74.99 – $199.99
- Race Car Rug $399 Special $319.20
- Construction Rug $399 Special $319.20
- Play in the Park Rug $399 Special $319.20
- Play in the Park Rug $369 Sale $184.99
- Heart Dot Rug $449 Sale $358.99
- Heart Dot Round Rug $199 Special $159.20
- Rainbow Dot Rug $149 Sale $118.99
- Pin Dot Rug $129 – $299 Special $52.97 – $120.97
- Heart Strings Rug $149 – $699 Special $104.30 – $489.30
- Junk Gypsy Desert Horizon Rug $149 Special $59.97
- Pom-Pom Play Round Rug $399 Sale $239.99
- Sheepskin Rug $99 Special $79.20
- Zebra Shaped Rug - Gray $149 Special $58.97
Add a burst of color and personality to the playroom. Our playroom rug collection features a wide variety of motifs to help make playtime more fun. Choose from geometric designs, traditional styles and interactive prints that spark your child’s imagination. High quality dyes keep bright colors looking vibrant after many years of play. Hand-loomed textiles add style and texture to almost any space.
Rugs are excellent additions to any playroom. If your home has wood flooring, these additions can keep play furniture and toy wheels from scratching your floors. Textiles also soften hard flooring and keep the space feeling warm and cozy. Rugs are quick and easy to clean, helping you maintain a tidy and healthy play area. In addition, they help dampen the sounds of wheels and blocks on hard flooring, letting you keep a calm and peaceful home atmosphere.
The right rug can double as a play mat in the playroom. A themed design can tie in well with toys such as building blocks, cars, construction vehicles, train tracks and figurines. Choose a rug with roadway or urban prints to set the scene for a bustling city center in the middle of the room. These designs can also help expand the miniature world of a dollhouse into the rest of the space. Set up a smaller rug in the middle of a play kitchen or doll’s bedroom to give the area an authentic feel.
Rugs can help tie a reading nook together. Place a play tent or teepee on top of the rug to create a cozy space for reading books, coloring or doing puzzles. Lay out a rug in the middle of a few bedding and drapery colors or play with contrasting shades.
In terms of size, consider the other furniture in the space. If you want to set up your rug under a play table and chair set, make sure there is enough space on the surface to pull the chairs in and out. For an option that doubles as a play mat, choose a size that fits well in the center of the room so that your child has access to the entire space. When selecting a rug for a reading area, let larger furniture such as bookcases frame the edges and make sure chairs and side tables fit comfortably on the surface.
Pottery Barn Kids offers an excellent choice of fiber options for playroom rugs. Natural fibers such as cotton and wool lend a luxurious look to your space, which works well in play corners of living rooms and family rooms. Synthetic fibers are durable and spill-resistant, making them excellent choices for placing underneath play tables or for using as play mats. A blend of synthetic and natural fibers can give you the best of both worlds, which makes them flexible options for a variety of spaces.
To keep your playroom rug looking new and vibrant, make sure you clean it regularly. You can remove dirt, dust and pet hair from larger rugs with a vacuum to keep them in good shape. For smaller rugs, simply take them outside and give them a good shake. If you want to do a deeper clean, choose a carpet cleaner designed specifically for the type of fiber in the rug and do a spot test beforehand to ensure the colors hold. To maintain the plushness of the rug, regularly rotate it to keep traffic even on all sides.