Collections designed to keep up with kids.
- Avalon Bed $899 – $999
- Ellery Bed $899 – $999
- Baldwin No Footboard Bed $899 – $1,099
- Avalon Daybed $1,299
- Raleigh Camelback Daybed $999 – $1,399
- Blythe Tufted Bed $1,299 – $2,365
- Blythe Tufted Canopy Bed $1,599 – $2,049
- Raleigh Upholstered Camelback Bed & Headboard $499 – $1,349 Sale $248.99 – $1,349
- Chesterfield Upholstered Bed & Headboard $599 – $1,549 Sale $298.99 – $1,549
- Eliza Tufted Upholstered Bed & Headboard $499 – $1,449 Sale $298.99 – $1,449
- Alex Platform Bed $799 – $999
- west elm x pbk Timo Upholstered Bed $699 – $799
- Monique Lhuillier Upholstered Camelback Bed & Headboard $799 – $1,299
- Monique Lhuillier Upholstered Square Bed & Headboard $999 – $1,449 Sale $498.99 – $1,449
- Family Space Daybed $1,299 – $1,399 Sale $648.99 – $1,399
- Gleener Ultimate Fuzz Remover $19.95
Kids' Upholstered Beds: Comfortable, Luxurious Style
Comfortable and stylish, kids' upholstered beds are the perfect addition to children's bedrooms. These beds, designed to complement any decorative style - from charming and cheerful to sports-themed or simple and elegant - are exactly what you need to add a dash of character to your child's space.
How to Choose a Kids' Upholstered Bed
When you're choosing a kids' tufted bed or upholstered headboard and footboard, consider:
- Padding. Padding can range from thin and mostly cosmetic to plush and comfortable enough to lean on and relax. You'll also be able to add plush and decorative pillows to make the bed extra cozy.
- Size. The size of the upholstered bed you choose depends on your child's mattress size. Standard twin mattresses measure 39 inches by 75 inches, but twin extra-large beds are 39 inches by 80 inches. Full mattresses are 54 inches by 75 inches, queens are 60 inches by 80 inches and king-sized mattresses are 76 by 80 inches.
- Style. Kids' upholstered beds are available in a wide range of shapes, including those with squared-off or curved headboards and those built for canopies. They're also available in a wide range of fabrics and colors, so in many cases, it's best to let your child help you choose - that way, you'll be able to find a bed that he or she will love to cozy up in.
Kids' upholstered headboards can lend style to a vintage look, contemporary design or a whimsical, fun space.
What to Look for in Kids' Tufted Beds
The bed you choose should be sturdy and reliable. Look for features like:
- Kiln-dried, solid wood that's resistant to warping and bowing
- Mortise-and-tenon or tongue-and-groove joinery that makes the bed's construction sturdy enough for years of use
- Anegre veneers that create a flawless, beautiful surface
- A mattress platform made entirely from solid wood slats for extra slats
- A bed you can use with or without a box spring
- An adjustable mattress platform that kids can use when they're small and as they grow
- Materials that are GREENGUARD Gold Certified, which means they meet or exceed stringent chemical emissions standards and help promote healthier indoor air quality throughout your home
Remember, too, that your child needs a good mattress to support his or her growth. Usually, an innerspring mattress will provide the most support - but it's often a good idea to let your child try several mattresses to see what's most comfortable. Some kids need firm sleeping surfaces, while others are perfectly content to doze on super-soft, pillow-topped mattresses.
Finding the right kids' upholstered beds is one part science, one part style. Once you have the sizing down, you can choose a tufted bed with the right amount of padding and a look your child will love.