- Lilly Pulitzer Canopy In M'Ocean Eyelet $199
- Lilly Pulitzer Canopy In Tropi Call Me $179
- Rainbow Pom Pom Canopy $149
- Monique Lhuillier Rainbow Sequin Canopy $199
- Monique Lhuillier Gold Vine Cornice & Sheers $299
- Monique Lhuillier Metallic Cornice Canopy $269
- Light-up Glitter Canopies $179 Special $143 – $179
- Classic Tulle Canopy $79
- Monique Lhuillier Blush Petal Canopy $199
- Lasercut Canopy $169
- Capiz Cornice & Glitter Tulle Sheers $249
- The Emily & Meritt Sparkle Ta-Da Canopy $199
- Oversized Princess Canopy $199
- Lilly Pulitzer Tropical Pineapple Mirror $279
- Shell Mirror $199
- Gold Ledge Mirror $179
- Gold Scallop Leaf Mirror $199
- Monique Lhuillier Floral Beaded Mirror $269
- Monique Lhuillier Butterfly Rectangle Mirror $299
- White Circle Blossom Mirror $199
- Gold Circle Blossom Mirror $199
- Capiz Petal Mirror $199
- Monique Lhuillier Round Butterfly Mirror $249
- Antique Scalloped Mirror $299 Special $239
- HARRY POTTER™ Gold Wizard Mirror $79 Special $63
- The Emily & Meritt Cosmic Mirror $249 Special $199
- Rachel Ashwell Metallic Carved Mirror $299 Special $239
- Silver Leaf Petal Mirror $199
- Round Gold Mirror $199
- Wood Ball Mirror $199
- west elm x pbk Metal Framed Wall Mirror, Round $299
- Acrylic and Metal Mirror $299
- Metallic Trim Feather Mirror $199 Special $159
- Rainbow Multi Color Glass Mirror $89 Special $71
- Cloud Fringe Mirror $99
- The Emily & Meritt Star Mirror $129
- Gold Butterfly Cluster Wall Decor $69
- Jumbo Crepe Pink Paper Flowers Set of 2 $59
- Jumbo Crepe White Paper Flowers Set of 2 $59
- Aqua Feather Butterflies Set $35 Special $28
- Rosegold Feather Butterflies $35
- Pink Feather Butterflies Set $35
- White Feather Butterflies Set $35
- Crepe Paper Flower Decor Set of 2 $39
- Rachel Ashwell Silk Flowers, Set of 6 $59 Sale $34.99
- Lilly Pulitzer Tassel Garland $49
- Monique Lhuillier Floral Beaded Garland $49
- Rexine Metallic Star Garland $24 Special $19
- Star Decor Set of 3 $69
- The Emily & Meritt Glitter Star Garland $29
- The Emily & Meritt Sequin Garland $39 Special $31
- White Mixed Flower Wall Decor $29 – $39 Sale $16.99 – $39
- Pink Mixed Flower Wall Decor $29 – $39 Sale $16.99 – $39
- Capiz Heart Wall Hanging $79
- Felted Wool Cut Out Star Garland $19 Sale $6.99
- Grey/White Milestone Garland $19.50 Special $15
- Glitter Star Stick-On Decals $26.50
- White Tree Branch $29.50 Special $23
- Champagne Lacquer Letters $10
- Modern Letters $49
- Large Harper Letters $69
- Personalized Acrylic Letters $80
- Personalized Name with Pegs $99
- White Capital Letters $7.97 – $10
- Glitter Letters $8
- Mini Harper Painted Letter $29
- Cursive Font Name $69
- Varsity Font Name $69
- Block Monogram $149
- Monogram Decal $49
- Galvanized Wall Letters $14
- The Emily & Meritt Star Ceiling Mobile $69
- Pink Paper Butterfly Ceiling Mobile $59
- White Butterfly Ceiling Mobile $59
- Stars & Cloud Ceiling Mobile $69
- Planet Ceiling Mobile $69
- west elm x pbk Connecting Dots Mobile $59
- west elm x pbk Felted Pom-Pom Mobile $39
- west elm x pbk Felted Sheep Mobile $39
- Rachel Ashwell Dancing Horses Patchwork Mobile $59 Sale $34.99
- Felted Roses Mobile $59
- Chambray Mobile $59 Special $47
- Wood Circles Mobile $49
- Black Gem Mobile $59
- Hanging Brass Circles Mobile $79
- Monique Lhuillier Gold Swans Crib Mobile $59
- Bird Sentiment Crib Mobile $29 Sale $22.99 – $29
- Gray Moon Mobile $29 Sale $22.99 – $29
- Pink Cloud Pull Music Mobile $29 Sale $22.99 – $29
- The Emily & Meritt Gem Crib Mobile” $29 – $59 Sale $29 – $34.99
- The Emily & Meritt XO Crib Mobile $59 Special $44
- Sweet Dreams Sheep Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $46.99
- Flying Elephant Crib Mobile $29 – $49 Sale $22.99 – $49
- Butterfly Mobile $34.99
- Knit Animal Friends Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $59
- Bunny Knit Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $59
- Knit Dog Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $59
- Harper Lamb Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $59
- Harper Elephant Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $59
- Navy Harper Bear Crib Mobile $29 – $44.99 Sale $22.99 – $44.99
- Knit Animal Crib Mobile $29 – $59 Sale $22.99 – $59
- Organza Flower Crib Mobile $29.99 Sale $22.99
- Lavender Butterfly Crib Mobile $22.97
- Sailboat Crib Mobile $29 Sale $22.99 – $29
- Capiz Seagull Ceiling Mobile $59 Sale $34.99
- Mobile Arm $29 Sale $22.99 – $29
- "I'm New Here" LED Sentiment Wall Light $199 Special $139
- "Hug Life" LED Sentiment Wall Light $149
- Paper Mache Lightup Moon $179
- west elm x pbk Geometric Ceramic Tile Art $299
- Woven Rainbow Tapestry $79 Special $63
- Sleeping Baby Hanging Door Sign $34 Special $27
- Star Wars™ Needlepoint Art, Set of 3 $99 Special $79
- Star Wars™ Marquee Wall Art $299
- Star Wars™ Death Star™ LED Stretched Canvas Art $299
- Palm Tree Tapestry $99 Sale $58.99
- Oversized Nautical Flag $79 Sale $46.99
How to Pick a Theme for Your Baby’s Nursery
Creating a beautiful, functional nursery is one of the most exciting parts of preparing your home for a child. Picking a theme early can help guide your design and aid in decision making so you can finish your nursery in time. In fact, your theme should be decided before you put a drop of paint on the walls or buy a stick of furniture.
Use this guide from Pottery Barn Kids to choose a theme for your nursery that you'll love spending time in.
Start with a Favorite Color
Designing a nursery from an empty room can feel like a big job, but when you break down what needs to be done, you realize that it's just a bunch of little tasks that are quite easy to handle. One of the best ways to begin is to start with a color to guide you through the process.
Colors like dark blue, light blue, sunshine yellow and colorful greens can help you create a space that's kid-friendly, fun and easy to decorate. In many cases, the color you pick will help you decide on a theme later. For example, if you pick a rich blue, a nautical theme that features blue and white stripes may begin to take shape even without you realizing it.
These colors also lend themselves well to a variety of themes, so you don't have to be limited if you decide to mix it up down the road.
Let Your Hobbies Guide You
Although your children will develop their own interests and hobbies as they get older, when you're putting together a nursery, using your hobbies and interests can help you pick a theme that's fun for you and your new baby. When it comes to hobbies that can work in a nursery, almost anything goes if you get the style right.
A few examples of nursery-friendly hobbies might include bird watching, hiking, sports, music or the visual arts. You can also mix-and-match other elements in your nursery to create a space that your kids will love, like including wall art featuring lions, tigers and bears for a bird watching or nature theme.
Use Inspiration from Your Travels
Seeing new lands and going to exotic locales can provide a ton of inspiration for creative pursuits like designing a nursery for your baby. If you've picked up unique objects during your travels or took photos, you may be able to incorporate these into your nursery theme.
One excellent example would be printing and framing photos from a trip to a special place. Photos from family vacations and expeditions can make wonderful decorative objects for a nursery as well.
Using items you picked up during your travels as souvenirs can also give your nursery a worldly feel when added as decorative elements.
Choose a Classic Theme
Coming up with a unique theme for your nursery based on your hobbies and travels can be a lot of fun, alternatively, there are a variety of classic nursery themes that have become classics for a reason.
- Nautical themes. Blue and white stripes, faux ship anchors, ocean blue paint and high-seas wall art can help you create this tried-and-true nursery style.
- Under-the-sea themes. Fish, octopi, lobsters, squids; they're all fodder for fun, playful wall art, sheet sets, mobiles and more for your child's nursery. Use ocean blue paint and beach sand-colored trim to go the extra mile.
- Jungle, forest or desert themes. Use colors for each from each of these locales like lush greens and bold browns. Animals, birds and trees can be painted right on the walls or utilized in decorative elements like blankets, sheets and framed posters.
- Sunshine or moon themes. Easy to create and visually exciting for children, these are classic themes that can be utilized in natural or more exotic color schemes.
Add Timeless Elements
Picking a fun, exciting theme for a nursery can be very rewarding for a parent to be. Keep it simple; by adding some timeless elements to your baby's nursery, you'll create a space that’s enchanting without being over the top.
- Choose a classic color-block or neutral rug for your nursery. Rugs help soften your space and tie furniture and fun design elements together. Neutral, durable carpet is also an excellent option.
- Go for timeless, baby-safe window treatments in your nursery. You can decorate around window treatments so they'll never go out of style or clash with your theme as your child gets older.
- Mix in less saturated colors for wall paint and trim. You can still get the effect of a beach, jungle or forest theme even if you pick a color a few shades lighter than real-life jungle foliage.
Getting your nursery ready for a newborn is an exciting prospect and a time when you can let your creative juices shine. With the right theme, you can craft the perfect space for you and your child to enjoy your first few years together.
Utilize these tips from Pottery Barn Kids to find the ideal option for your home nursery.