- $79 Limited Time Offer $39
- $39.50 Limited Time Offer $29
- $49.50 Limited Time Offer $37
Add Playful Style with Kids' Decorative Pillows
Giving a room a plush, inviting and comfortable finishing touch is all about adding kids' decorative pillows to bed and sitting areas. Decorative pillows provide a fun opportunity to bring contrasting colors to a space while reinforcing the overall design of the room. Use them in nurseries, a child's bedroom or a kid-friendly playroom to give your design a comfortable finishing touch.
Shams Vs. Pillows
When purchasing a decorative pillow, make sure to take note of whether it is a pillow sham or a decorative pillows. Decorative pillows are ready-to-use with the form already inside the pillow. Pillow shams are more like a pillowcase, designed to fit over a standard pillow form. Pillow shams allow for easy cleaning and can be changed out easily for the season or anytime decor changes. Simply fold them up and store them in a closet between uses to keep them looking great.
Tips for Selecting Kids' Decorative Pillows
- Mix-and-Match Sizes: Dress up a bed with pillows in odd numbers and varying shapes. A square pillow, bolster pillow, and rectangular pillow in various patterns and colors help to bring visual appeal to a space. Some pillows are even shaped like their subject matter, in the forms of animals or favorite characters.
- Add Various Textures: A decorative pillow is a great way to introduce a new texture to a space. Ruffle or pom-pom trims, tassel details, intricate embroidery, faux fur fabrics and dimensional detail all help bring engaging interest to a child's space.
- Consider Ease of Care: Depending on where the pillow is used, ease of care is important. Kids are messy and bound to put sticky hands on their favorite pillows. Pillows on beds will require more upkeep than pillows on chairs.
- Personalize Plush Pillows: Make the pillows all their own by opting for personalization. A name, initial or full monogram on a pillow sham brings traditional sophistication to any little one's bed. Personalized pillows make a great baby shower or gift idea as well.
With so many different children's pillows available at Pottery Barn Kids, it is easy to find a character, color or style your little one will love. Decorative pillows aren't the only way to bring a little flair to a design; an area rug, artwork and blankets should all be layered together to create a cohesive bedroom or playroom design.