- Aqua Family Travel Tote $54.50 Special $41
- Yellow Family Travel Tote $54.50 Special $41
- Navy Stripe Preppy Family Tote $64.50 Special $48
- Ivory/Navy Family Travel Totes $54.50 – $64.50 Special $41 – $48
- Green Extra Large Family Tote $64.50 Special $48
- Red Extra Large Family Tote $64.50 Special $48
- Family Cooler Tote $79 Special $59
- Navy Family Lunch Cooler $49 Special $37
- Navy Family Rolling Cooler Bag $99 Special $74
- Convertible Backpack Family Tote $69 Sale $26.99
- Navy/White Stripe Family Pop-Up Tent $99 – $129 Special $74 – $97
- Navy Stripe Family Beach Lounger $89 Special $67
- Navy Stripe Kid Beach Lounger $79 Special $59
- Pink Stripe Kid Beach Lounger $79 Special $59
- Navy Stripe Picnic Blanket $59 Sale $43.99
- Large Rainbow Stripe Pop Up Tent $129 Sale $76.99
- Kid Sunglasses Collection $16.50 Sale $8.99 – $12
- Punk Rock Swim Mask $22 Special $16
- Shark Swim Goggles $22 Special $16
- Heart Swim Goggles $19.95 Special $14
- Butterfly Swim Goggles $22 Special $16
- Mackenzie Aqua Disney Princess Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Mackenzie Lavender Ombre Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Mackenzie Pink Cascading Hearts Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Navy Multicolor Heart Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Mackenzie Pink Gold Foil Butterflies Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Mackenzie Purple Sky Ombre Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Mackenzie Blue Dinos Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Navy Shark Camo Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Mackenzie Gray/Red Abstract Stripe Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Fairfax Pink Rainbow Stripe Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Fairfax Solid Pink/Navy Trim Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Fairfax Gray Bright Rainbow Stripe Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
- Fairfax Solid Navy/Green Trim Wet/Dry Bag $24.50 Special $18
Beach Activities for Kids
The beach is a great place to take your kids for an afternoon or a family vacation. In fact, it's one of the few places that kids and adults of every age, including grandparents, can enjoy their time together. While frolicking in the surf is a lot of fun for kids, they might want to do something besides play in the water after a while.
Packing activities for the beach is a must for parents, but figuring out what activities are appropriate isn't always easy. Tablets might keep your kids occupied, but they're not ideal for sand, salt and sun. Don't fret - use these options from Pottery Barn Kids to keep your kids busy on the beach.
Let Kids Help with Setup
Going to the beach for a day, especially if you've got kids coming with you, often involves a fair amount of setup. Beach umbrellas, chairs, coolers, blankets, towels and more are all part of having a good time on the water. So why not let the kids get involved in setting up as an activity?
Helping you tackle the setup may not be their favorite part of the day, but turning unloading the car into a game means less work for you and active participation from your kids. Just make sure you handle the tough parts of setup like sinking your beach umbrella into the sand while they spread out the blankets and pull out the toys.
Have a Sand Castle Contest
Building a sand castle might one of the oldest beach activities, but that doesn't mean it's not still a blast for kids and adults alike. The best part is that you don't need to be a pro to have fun, though a few YouTube videos might do you some good before you hit the beach.
If you've got really young kids with you, make sure they have a job when you're building a sand castle too. Filling the bucket with sand and digging are both essential tasks that kids under five can do. Little kids can also be in charge of building the moat around your castle - if your castle is worthy of such protection!
Pack Lots of Snacks
Snack time may not seem like an activity to adults, but for kids hanging out at the beach, it could very well be the most important time of day. That's why you need to make sure you've got more than enough snacks with you when you hit the beach.
Your best bet is to pack a combination of dry snacks like granola bars and nuts, as well as items that can go in a cooler with cold water and juices like apple slices or baby carrots. Make sure you offer snacks regularly so your kids have the energy they need to have their best day at the beach.
For many kids, books are an ideal option for post-water, pre-nap time. Young kids can enjoy picture books or a parent reading to them, while older kids can enjoy reading on their own under a beach umbrella. To make the most of your relaxing beach day, let your kid pick the book so they'll have something fun to look forward to when it's time to take a breather.
Whether you live a few miles from the beach or you're taking week long trip a thousand miles from home, a little time spent on the beach can be a blast for everyone. While you might enjoy relaxing and watching the waves roll in, the kids you've got with you are going to want activities, movement and excitement.
Wading, swimming and playing in the waves will take up a lot of everyone's time, but when your kids are out of the water, having activities ready to go is a must. Use these activity ideas to keep your kids busy and having fun every minute of the day.