- west elm x pbk Mid-Century Bookshelf - Narrow Tower, White $599
- west elm x pbk Mid-Century Bookshelf - Wide Tower, White $699
- west elm x pbk Mid-Century Bookshelf - Wide Tower, Acorn $699
- west elm x pbk Mid-Century Bookshelf - Narrow Tower, Acorn $599
- Morgan Leaning Bookcase $249
- Elsie Bookcase $299
- west elm x pbk Mid-Century Bookshelf - Wide Tower $699
- west elm x pbk Mid-Century Bookshelf - Narrow Tower $599
- Kennedy Bookcase $799 Special $639
- Catalina 3-Shelf Bookcase $349
- Cameron 3-Shelf Bookcase $299 – $349
- Cameron 4-Shelf Bookcase $349
- Cameron 2-Shelf Bookcase $249
- Small Spaces Ladder Bookcase $149
- Blythe Bookcase $999
- Blythe Low Bookcase $449
- Dollhouse Bookcase $599
- Madison Standalone Bookrack $299
- Madison 3-Shelf Bookrack $189 Special $151 – $189
- Madison 4-Shelf Bookrack $189
- Extra Large Gallery Bookrack $399
- Single Market Bin $99 – $179
- Double Market Bin $99 – $179
- Double Market Bin with Divider $99 – $179
- Justina Blakeney Geo Cubby $399
- Ava Regency Tall Bookcase $599
- Charlie Drawer Base $369
- Charlie Bookcase Tower $399
- Charlie 4-Shelf Bookrack $299
- Everett Modular Cubby $399
- Charlie Bookcase Cubby $369
- Cameron 3-Shelf Bookcase $299
Kids' and Baby Bookcases
Keeping your child’s bedroom or playroom organized will be crucial so your youngster has easy access to books and toys. Whether you’re stowing an extensive collection of first picture books or your child has grown into a library of fiction or nonfiction books, bookcases help keep everything in order. These shelves could also be the perfect spot for plush toys, puzzles, models and more.
As you furnish your child’s room, creating a home for everything will be important. Your child may be more likely to clean up after playing when every car and doll has a rightful spot on a bookcase. You can also help calm the clutter and instill order by adding a few canvas storage bins and storage baskets and hampers to the bookcase units. Canvas bins in many different sizes and colors could be the ideal spot for a collection of dinosaurs or dolls. Or, perhaps a big set of blocks can be stowed away in a big cotton rope storage basket or hamper.
You can create precisely the storage unit you need to fit the space. From one-shelf bookcases that also serve as a useful bench to full towers or bookracks that stretch high above the floor, you can choose exactly the right furniture piece to fit your child’s room. You also have delightful colors from which to choose, from white to gray to deeper wood grain hues. Select a bookcase to match your child’s other furniture, such as kids’ bedroom sets and nightstands and accent tables. By coordinating these pieces, you can create a beautifully designed bedroom for your youngster.
Even a bedroom with limited space could likely accommodate a tall bookcase that takes up very little horizontal room. Many bookcases even have drawers for extra storage options such as clothing or off-season kids’ blankets and throws. You could also choose a low bookcase with drawers and cubbies, giving your child easy storage options for stowing away favorite toys within easy reach. Imagine the delight of roomy low shelves that are big enough to hold a growing collection of trains or dolls. Or how about a distinctively feminine bookcase shaped like a dollhouse for a girl who wants to display treasured stuffed animals, dolls or music boxes?
You can have fun accessorizing a low bookcase with frames and other beautiful room decor items such as ceramics, bookends, banks and more. If your child has specific interests, you can decorate with accessories that fit your child’s personality. The low shelves ensure that even the smallest child can see the special objects on display in the unit.
As a child grows, a bookcase can remain an important piece of furniture. The shelves could be the perfect place to store school and desk accessories for easy access. Pairing a bookcase with a desk in the bedroom could be ideal for the child who needs a place to work on homework. You might even choose a tall bookrack to hold books so your child can see and find them easily. School supplies and pencil caddies can even fit on the racks for versatile storage options.
Children often thrive when their worlds are filled with extensive opportunities for exploration and learning, and bookcases can be a winning way to stow both educational and entertaining belongings. At Pottery Barn Kids, we think that kids should have distinctive storage options to hold their most treasured items. Why not choose units that will grow with your child from infancy into the teen years and beyond? These beautiful bookcases are both fashionable and durable, so they will withstand years of use by your child.