- Allover Butterfly Baby Beach Wrap $19 Sale $14.99
- Black & Cream Hearts Baby Beach Wrap $19 Special $7.97
- Allover Butterfly Baby Beach Wrap $15 Special $7.97
- Nantucket Whale Baby Beach Wrap $11 Sale $6.99
- Disney•Pixar Cars Mini Beach Towel $19 Sale $10.99
- Classic Butterfly Mini Beach Towel $19
- Lilly Pulitzer Let's Cha-Cha Round Beach Towel $69
- Frog Round Beach Towel $59 Sale $28.99
- Painterly Pin Dot Round Beach Towel $69
- Justina Blakeney Jungalino Sun Round Beach Towel $69 Sale $40.99
- Whale Baby Cover-Up $39
- Butterfly Baby Cover-Up $39 Sale $22.99
- Allover Whale Baby Tunic $29
- Allover Butterfly Baby Tunic $29
- Allover Alligator Baby Cover-Up $39 Special $15.97
- Allover Whale Baby Cover-Up $39 Special $15.97
- Anchor Terry Baby Cover-Up $39 Sale $15.99
- Allover Seahorse Baby Cover-Up $31 Special $15.97
- Allover Butterfly Baby Cover-Up $39 Special $31
- Heart Terry Baby Cover-Up $39 Sale $15.99
- Heart Terry Baby Cover-Up $39 Sale $15.99
- Baby Cover Up $24 – $27 Sale $13.99
- Rugby Stripe Baby Cover Up $34.50 Sale $12.99
- Allover Butterfly Baby Tunic $23 Special $11.97
- Navy Stripe Tassel Baby Tunic $29 Special $23
- Indigo Dot Baby Tunic $29 Special $23
- Allover Seahorse Baby Tunic $23 Special $11.97
- Nantucket Whale Baby Tunic $23 Special $10.97
- Allover Whale Baby Tunic $29 Special $23 – $29
- Black & Cream Hearts Baby Tunic $29 Special $13.97
5 Beach Snack Ideas
Going to the beach with your kids can be a wonderful way to spend a spring or summer day. Best of all, kids of every age can enjoy the beach. Parents can also soak up the sun and watch their kids play while getting some rest and relaxation by the water.
To make sure your kids are ready to play their hearts out and enjoy their day, packing snacks so they can keep their energy up is a must. Not every snack kids love is beach-friendly though. Use these five beach snack ideas from Pottery Barn Kids to help you and your family make the most of every second you've got on the sand.
1. Nuts and Sunflower Seeds
Foods like almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts and sunflower seeds are high in protein and nutrient-dense, making them an excellent healthy snack for kids. Small portion sizes and the fact that they don't have to be kept cold also make them an ideal beach snack. Individual packages of nuts are one way to go and if you're pressed for time, they're easy to buy at almost any grocery store.
If you prefer to take nuts from larger containers at home, put them in small locking sandwich bags to keep the sand out. If you've got multiple kids with you on your beach day, portion the nuts out into single serving bags so they're easy to pass out quickly.
2. Peanut Butter and Celery
Although nuts are a wonderful snack for kids, almost every kid under the sun loves peanut butter! To make sure that peanut butter gets in their mouths, the classic celery stick is a perfect delivery method.
When packing this snack, put the celery sticks in a locking plastic snack bag, ideally kept in a cooled lunch bag or cooler. Pack the peanut butter separately in a small food storage container that kids can use for dipping.
Apples also pair very well with peanut butter. If your kids absolutely love apples, toss the sliced fruit with a little bit of lemon juice and include an ice pack in your lunch bag to keep them cold and crisp and to prevent browning.
3. Granola Bars
Granola bars are easy to eat and offer excellent nutrition for kids and adults if you look for low-sugar options. Individually packed granola bars also make transporting snacks and keeping sand out of the food a breeze.
If you prefer to make granola bars at home and take them to the beach with you, pack them in an airtight container or individual snack bags with locking seals. That way the sand doesn't stand a chance of getting into your food!
4. Bananas and Berries
Bananas and berries may not seem like they have much in common, but the fact is that many kids go crazy for both fruits. In fact, even picky younger kids typically like bananas or sweet, in-season strawberries. That makes them an excellent addition to your beach snack bag.
Bananas are easy to travel with since they've got their own packaging that will keep them sand-free. If you have very young children, simply take a small bowl or container and a plastic knife with you to create slices they can eat with their hands. Older kids and adults can just eat the whole banana.
On the other hand, berries require a little more packaging. Locking plastic bags or airtight food storage containers are ideal. These should be kept in a cooler or lunch bag with an ice pack to ensure freshness until the kids are ready to eat them.
Another benefit of packing fruit as a beach snack is that there's no plastic or packaging to be left behind.
5. Miniature Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
What kid doesn't like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? To make miniature peanut butter and jelly sandwiches appropriate for beach-going, shop for cocktail bread at the grocery store. About 25% of the size of a normal piece of bread, these make wonderful snacks when two pieces are slathered with peanut butter and jam and put together. You can even make extras and have enough for a quick, delicious lunch if needed.
Transport miniature peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in an airtight food storage container and pass them out as needed to keep the sand at bay.
Having snacks handy can make a day at the beach a whole lot more fun for parents and kids. With these snacks, even picky eaters can keep their energy up so they enjoy their day and make special memories they'll keep with them as adults. Best of all, these snacks are totally adult-friendly too, so you won't have to pack anything special for yourself unless you want to!