- All Rugs
- Pattern Rugs
- Solid Rugs
- Made To Order Rugs
- Playroom Rugs & Mats
- Performance & Washable Rugs
Baby Room Rugs to Decorate Your Nursery
Add a soft, sweet touch to your nursery with baby room rugs in colors and patterns that bring out the best of your decor. A rug is essential for any room, but especially in a space where feel-good textiles set the mood for healthy, happy growth and development. Rely on your rug to create the aesthetic you want for your nursery, while also giving you a luxurious feel underfoot and a sumptuous place for your baby to sit, crawl or play. As babies learn about touch, a high-quality rug can help them form first impressions of what feels good. Choose your baby room rugs from the fine selection available at Pottery Barn Kids now.
Choosing Colors and Patterns
The palette of your nursery can help you determine which baby room rugs are best for your home. You may want to choose a couple of different rugs to help break up a space or define a sleeping and changing area. Play rugs come with their own patterns and colors.
- For a room that you've decorated with soft neutrals or solids, patterned baby rugs can add a bit of design flair. Keep patterns simple, geometric and low-contrast for a gentle look.
- If you like solids, you can still add some visual appeal and interesting texture by focusing on a thick braid or cable knit in a plush material or by choosing modern baby room rugs with clean edges instead of traditional borders.
- You can integrate medallions into a nursery with low-contrast colors, like a palette or pink, mauve and ivory or off-white and dove gray.
Upgrading Your Baby Room Rugs
Upgrading baby room rugs is a fun way to refresh your nursery. There are a few times when you may want to consider a new rug, including whenever the mood strikes.
- The arrival of a new baby inspires a lot of decorating. Dive into the joy of choosing beautiful home items to welcome your newborn.
- As you develop your linen and baby bedding collection, you may realize a new shade or pattern can tie the room together.
- The transition from crib to toddler bed is a prime opportunity to include new colors and textures, plus define the space around the bed to help your child grow.
Playroom Rugs and Mats Make Rooms Fun
Add even more fun to a nursery or toddler's bedroom when you outfit the floor with a playroom mat. These mats come designed with inspiration for imagination and games. Let your child enjoy a fresh place to play that showcases creativity and fun.