Speedy Confetti Pasta
This recipe is designed to take advantage of whatever tasty vegetables you might have in your refrigerator. The addition of leftover pasta, along with scallions, lemon and olive oil, makes a lunchbox staple that tends to go over well with the grade school set.
This is the perfect way to use up leftover pasta.”
- 2 cups cooked rotini pasta (about 4 ounces uncooked)
- 1 cup diced vegetables (raw carrots, peppers, cucumbers; cooked corn, broccoli, zucchini)
- 1 1/2 ounces Cheddar or other firm cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 slices turkey or other deli meat, cut into small pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine the cooked rotini, diced vegetables, cheese, meat, tomatoes and scallions in a medium bowl and stir well.
Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the pasta. Add the salt and a sprinkling of pepper, and stir again.
Pack into lunchbox containers with tight-fitting lids.