The Very Hungry Caterpillar™ 1st Birthday Party
Let each of your party guests become a beautiful butterfly with these easy-to-make paper crowns. Inspired by Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar, they're a sweet and original alternative to classic birthday hats.
Tools and Materials
- Heavyweight white paper or cardstock
- Colored cardstock
- White glue
- Craft scissors or a craft knife
- Double-sided tape
How to make The Piñata
- Download and print our templates on white paper or cardstock (one copy per party guest).
- Use scissors or craft knife to cut out the shapes.
- Using your ruler as a guide, cut strips of colored cardstock approximately 1 3/4" wide and 19 1/2" long.
- Fold the paper or fabric over the sides of the basket and into the center of the basket.
- Glue a butterfly to the middle of each strip.
- Allowing for an overlap of about 1 inch, put a piece of double-sided tape on one end of each strip so that they can be adjusted to fit the infants' heads.
Download Butterfly Crown Template