National Geographic Rock Tumbler Science Set
To a child, it seems like magic: ordinary rocks go into the tumbler, and gleaming, gem-like stones come out. The polishing process reveals all the colors, patterns and beauty of the rocks, which can then be used to create jewelry pieces with the included craft kit.
- Tumbler: 7" diameter, 10" high
- Polishes rocks and gemstones; comes with viewing window that lets kids watch the process unfold.
- Craft jewelry by fitting the polished stones into the settings included in the craft kit.
- Mains powered; AC adaptor power supply included.
- Requires glue (not included).
- Ages 10 and up.
- Dimensions & Care
Tumbler Kit Contents
- 226 gemstone rocks (approximately 8 ounces).
- 2 bags of Step 1 coarse-grind powder.
- 2 bags of Step 2 fine-grind powder.
- 2 bags of Step 3 polishing powder.
- 2 bags of Step 4 finishing powder.
Craft Kit Contents
- 3 key chains.
- 12 setting holders in 3 styles.
- 18" silver-tone necklace chain.
- 4 adjustable rings
- 6 earring wires.
- 12 jump-ring connectors.
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth.
- Shipping Info
This is a general shipping item.
View Our Shipping Information
At Pottery Barn Kids, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction is our priority. We carefully inspect your order prior to shipment; upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage. We will arrange for a prompt replacement. If, within 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery and 30 days for all other products, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value.
If your return for Merchandise Credit Cards is greater than $10,000, we will issue $10,000 in Merchandise Credit Cards to you that day, and then mail additional Merchandise Credit Card(s) for the amount in excess of $10,000 to you.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. We also cannot accept returns of final-sale items, which are identified by a price that ends in $0.99.
For returns of items purchased from your Pottery Barn Kids registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later.
For assistance, please contact Customer Service at 800.993.4923, 7 days a week, 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. PST.
International Returns: Online returns are available only for items that were shipped to the United States. If you would like to return items that were shipped outside the US, please see International Returns and Exceptions.