National Geographic Rock Tumbler Science Set
To a child, it seems like magic: ordinary rocks go into the tumbler, and gleaming, gem-like stones come out. The polishing process reveals all the colors, patterns and beauty of the rocks, which can then be used to create jewelry pieces with the included craft kit.
- Tumbler: 7" diameter, 10" high
- Polishes rocks and gemstones; comes with viewing window that lets kids watch the process unfold.
- Craft jewelry by fitting the polished stones into the settings included in the craft kit.
- Mains powered; AC adaptor power supply included.
- Requires glue (not included).
- Ages 10 and up.
- Dimensions & Care
Tumbler Kit Contents
- 226 gemstone rocks (approximately 8 ounces).
- 2 bags of Step 1 coarse-grind powder.
- 2 bags of Step 2 fine-grind powder.
- 2 bags of Step 3 polishing powder.
- 2 bags of Step 4 finishing powder.
Craft Kit Contents
- 3 key chains.
- 12 setting holders in 3 styles.
- 18" silver-tone necklace chain.
- 4 adjustable rings
- 6 earring wires.
- 12 jump-ring connectors.
- Dust with a soft, dry cloth.
- Shipping Info
- Please allow 5-7 business days for delivery. Delivery estimate includes monogrammed and gift-wrapped items.