Tissue Tassel Garland
by Hostess with the Mostess
Dress up your party table with a DIY garland. Using tissue paper in two or more of your party colors, you can create a dazzling display that ties the whole look together, giving your party that designer look.
How to Assemble the Garlands
1. Lay 4 pieces of flat tissue paper in a stack and fold them in half vertically, then lay them on top of the cutting mat.
2. Cut the folded tissue sheets into 3/4" strips, using a straight edge to guide the rotary cutter.
3. Once all the tissue is cut, take about 15 strips of the tissue paper for each tassel you want to create, and gently twist them together at the center fold line.
4. Fold the twisted tissue at the center end and twist again to form the loop that will be used to thread the tassel onto ribbon or twine. Continue this process until you have made the desired amount of tassels.
5. Thread your tassels onto twine or ribbon. You can use a glue dot or hot glue to keep the tassel stationery at a certain spot on the twine, if necessary. Fluff and trim the tassels until the final shapes are to your liking.
6. Hang your tissue tassel garlands from food tables, curtain rods, chair backs or anywhere else you want to add a touch of whimsy and fun!