Robot Head Diaper Cake
by Hostess with the Mostess
A "diaper cake" is a baby shower staple – not only is it easy to make, but it comes in handy for the mom-to-be long after the party is over. Get creative with it! With its button eyes and yarn-ball antennas, our version is totally original and cute as can be.
How to Assemble the Diaper Cake
1. Fill a rectangular diaper storage container snugly with a layer of rolled diapers.
2. Use glue dots to attach large black button eyes to the front of the container. (The glue dots can be removed without damaging the container.)
3. Paint dowels silver and let dry.
4. Make 2 yarn balls* by covering styrofoam balls in yarn and securing with hot glue.
5. Insert a painted dowel into each of the yarn balls, securing with hot glue. Wrap two metallic pipe cleaners around each dowel, directly below the yarn balls.
6. Insert the finished robot antennas into the diaper cake.
*For a step-by-step tutorial on creating yarn balls, click here.