Giant Paper Pom Ice Cream Cones
by Hostess with the Mostess
Paper lanterns brighten any occasion. For this party, we used them to create oversized ice cream cone decorations for the dessert table. They're easy to assemble and make a big impact, adding color and texture to the setting.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Roll glitter paper into a cone shape and staple to secure. Cut the top of the cone to even the rim into a circle.
2. Hot glue tissue fringe to the top of the cone.
3. Fill the very bottom of a sundae glass with a bit of tissue fringe, then place the cone into the glass.
4. Fill the cone part way with dried beans, until the placement in the glass feels nice and secure.
5. Place the paper lantern on top of the cone, securing with hot glue if necessary (optional).
6. Create a "cherry on top." Cut floral wire for a stem and bend the top slightly with your fingers. Hot glue the stem to a red gum ball, then hot glue the cherry to the top of the paper lantern.