Decorative Pinwheel How-To
by The TomKat Studio
How to Assemble the Pinwheels
1. Download and print pinwheel templates. If you would like the pattern on both sides of your pinwheels, print the template on both sides of your paper.
2. Use scissors or a paper cutter to cut out around the edge of each square.
3. Use scissors to cut along the diagonal guidelines on each square.
4. Use your hole punch to punch a hole in every other pointed corner of each square, and in the center of each square.
5. On each square, grasp a point with a hole in it and gently bend it toward the center of the pinwheel. Place a brad through the hole. Continue bending each hole-punched corner toward the brad, tucking under the previous point.
6. Put the brad through the center hole of the pinwheel and secure.
7. Use hot glue to attach each pinwheel to ribbon or string for hanging, or to dowels for displaying in empty bottles and jars like flowers.